Software/ IT Developer
||University at Buffalo, SUNY
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, New York
Master of Science, Major in Computer Science August 2011-April 2013(E)
Current GPA: 3.2
Courses Taken: Machine Learning, Algorithms-Analysis and Design, Software Engineering Concepts, Operating Systems, Advanced Machine Learning, Distributed Systems, Advanced Software Engineering.
Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum, India
Bachelor of Engineering, Major in Computer Science August 2007-July 2011
Aggregate: 75.00% (First class with distinction)
Relevant courses: Advanced Computer Architecture, Information and Network Security, Computer Networks, Operations Research, Formal Languages, Operating Systems, Database Management Systems, Algorithms, Data Structures in C.
• Programming Languages: Android (using Java), Java/J2EE, C, C++, C#, Matlab (any new language can be learnt in 2 weeks)
• Platforms: Android, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Linux (Ubuntu, BSD).
• Softwares: Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Eclipse IDE, NetBeans IDE, Microsoft Visual Studio.
Graphical Analysis of Thermal Devices on an Android Platform, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Analyze data acquired through wireless media such as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi from high temperature thermal devices and display the graphical output for Android 2.2 devices.
(Java, Android using Eclipse IDE) (February 2011-June 2011)
Navigation System for a City, VTU
Developed a Software System using OpenGL Graphics API which allows a user to navigate a city with ease and displays a convenient route for a source-destination pair entered by the user.
(Visual Studio, C++) (February 2010–June 2010)
• A Smart Building and Receptor for the Blind, State University of New York at Buffalo
Developed an Android Application to help a visually challenged person obtain quick access to the details of the building just by a touch on the screen. GPS, Accelerometer and Location based services (by Google) used.
(Java, Android using Eclipse IDE) (September 2011-December 2011)
• Multi-Threaded Web Server, State University of New York at Buffalo
A simple web server which binds to a given port on the given address and waits for incoming HTTP/1.0 requests. The server uses multithreading to handle all the requests and schedules them using different scheduling algorithms.
(UNIX, C++) (September 2011-November 2011)
• Classification of Handwriting Digits – Machine Learning Approach, State University of New York at Buffalo
Implemented a Digit classifier using Neural Networks and Logistic Regression for digit features extracted using GSC features.
(MATLAB) (September 2011-December 2011)
ACHIEVEMENTS & INTERESTS
• Volunteered to teach underprivileged kids Science and Mathematics as a part of ‘Teach India’.
• Selected at the National level through the NTSE for securing high scores in physics and mathematics.
• Winner of the Instrumental Music for two years at School level: 2002 and 2003 and at College level in 2007.
• Head of Cultural Activity Team during Undergraduate course – Responsibilities included organizing and managing the inter-collegiate fest which had a participation of over 10,000 individuals
• Part of the College Music Band for the VTU Youth Festival Aisiri-2008.