||Somerville, MA, United States
||30+ days ago
Toddler/Preschool Teacher Opening:
Broadway Babies, a private childcare center in Somerville is looking for a Toddler/Preschool teacher to educate children ages 2 – 3.5 who truly enjoys working with children and can offer creativity and knowledge of child development.
Candidates should be knowledgeable about:
• The stages of development, with special emphasis on cognitive, language, physical, social, and emotional development.
• Atypical development.
• Lesson planning techniques.
• How young children learn.
• Positive guidance strategies.
• Ways to present materials and activities to motivate children to get involved.
• How the family influences the child’s development.
• Ways to form a partnership with parents for the education and care of the child.
• Communication and conference techniques.
• Preschool Teacher or lead teacher qualified by EEC standards.
• Possess an Associate’s Degree/Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education or 2+ years of teaching experience in a preschool classroom.
• Must comply with health/safety requirements as set forth in EEC guidelines.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with coworkers.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
• Ability to lift small children weighing up to 60 lbs.
*For consideration please send along a resume and cover letter