||Williamstown , MA
SABRINA M. REID
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Over 4 years experience in biological and chemical laboratory experimentation. Proficient with standard laboratory equipment and computer software. Experienced in laboratory techniques such as: microscopy, chromatography, gene amplification, DNA foot printing, protein fragment complementation, cell fractionation and more. Knowledgeable of effective investigative process. Meticulous documentation and exceptional data organization. Keenly attentive listener. Perform fluidly with or without supervision, as well as in diverse groups. Excellent oral and written communication strengths to effectively interact with staff. Possess problem solving skills that allow quick decision-making and adjustment to unforeseen changes during the scientific process.
Williams College Williamstown, MA.
Bachelor of Science in Biology, June 2011
Awarded Class of 1973 Scholarship in 2008 and 2009
Suncoast Community High School Riviera Beach, FL.
Earned International Baccalaureate Diploma, 2007
Earned High School Diploma, 2007
Florida Atlantic University Honors Summer Institute Jupiter, FL.
Completed a course in Biotechnology, 2006
Williams College Summer Research Program Williamstown, MA.
Research Assistant, summer 2009 & summer 2010
● Prepared and carried out experiments on invasive insect species in Williamstown
● Collected plant samples and prepared them for nitrogen content testing
● Recorded and organized laboratory data
● Assisted with drafting of project-related reports, presentations
● Supervised less experienced research students and taught them experimental procedures
● Performed descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software
● Verified the accuracy and validity of data entered in databases; corrected any errors
● Prepared tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports summarizing research results
● Conducted internet-based and library research
● Presented research findings to groups of people
Medical Apprenticeship Williamstown, MA. Shadowed Dr.Cavalli, M.D. in North Adams, MA., January 2009
● Observed the medical process of a dermatologist at her practice in North Adams
● Learned to identify various skin cancer lesions on patients and under the microscope
● Learned how to interact with patients
● Learned the patient interview process critical for the diagnosis of ailments
Williams College Health Services Williamstown. MA. Receptionist, fall 2008 – spring 2011
● Assisted nurses and organized student health documents
Williamstown Elementary School Williamstown, MA.
Assistant Teacher, fall 2008 – spring 2009
● Helped teach 3rd grade students basic math and English grammar
Williams College Dining Services Williamstown, MA.
Snack Bar Attendant, fall 2007 – spring 2008
● Assisted in serving students at Paresky dining hall
SABRINA M. REID page 2
American Red Cross West Palm Beach, FL.
● Distributed supplies and food to the needy, 2005 – 2007
● Helped residents of Belleglade, FL. in the aftermath of hurricane Wilma, 2005
Humane Society of the Palm Beaches West Palm Beach, FL.
● Member of the Peggy Adams Rescue League, 2005 – 2007
● Cared for and socialized abandoned cats for future adoption
Williams College Women\'s Rugby Football Club Williamstown, MA.
● Second-row Forward and Open-side Flanker, 2007 – 2009
Dodd Neighbourhood Treasurer & Secretary Williamstown, MA.
● Managed finances and suggested how to utilize funds, fall 2010 – spring 2011
● Recorded the minutes for each meeting, fall 2010 – spring 2011