||State College, PA
||Supply Chain Management
The Pennsylvania State University Smeal College of Business University Park, PA
Major in Supply Chain Management Graduation: May 2013 (Anticipated)
Minor in Management Information Systems GPA: 3.02/4.0
VITA Tax Return Internship State College, PA October 2011-April 2012
• Learned to prepare tax returns for lower income and senior citizens.
• Trained to use the Tax Wise computer program.
• Will complete approximately 5 tax returns per week throughout the tax season, which will be from February through March
• Attended classes in the fall and winter to help prepare for tax return work, which culminates in a tax certification.
• Learned people skills, as most other workers were also senior citizens.
Giant Eagle Pittsburgh, PA January 2009-December 2011
• Learned inventory management techniques relating to amounts of product to order during certain sales, holidays, weekends, and seasons of the year.
• Familiar with computerized inventory control scanning system.
• Continued to develop my people skills by interacting with customers on store floor, helping them find products and checking inventory to see when their desired product would arrive. Learned best practices by assisting to unsatisfied customers by offering coupons, rebates, and other solutions.
• Stocked and blocked shelves in store, as well as kept sale floor clean and safe, which developed my attention to detail. Learned and implemented company safety policies and monitored other employees.
• Developed team and communication skills, learning product delivery protocols, developing work relationships with truck drivers, managers, and other employees involved in the supply chain.
• Trained new employees stocking, blocking, working back stock, safety, forecasting, and other directives.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
Penn State Marching Blue Band Member Fall 2009-Current
• Learned excellent time management, people, team and listening skills which has fortified my confidence in winning when facing new challenges and opportunities.
• Dedicate about 16-18 hours weekly during school semesters to Blue Band practices, preparations, games, travel and performances.
• Developed superior presentation skills while performing in front of millions of people in several states throughout the country.
Assistant Squad Leader (Fall 2011)
• Learned team skills by working with squad leader to encode drill charts and write drill directions for squad members for halftime show.
• Developed additional people and communication skills by helping guide rookie members and fellow returning members of the Blue Band with drill, Blue Band policies, music, and performances.
THON Rules and Regulation Committee Member Fall 2011-February 2012
• THON is the largest student-run philanthropy in the world raising funds to find a cure for childhood cancer through the Four Diamonds Fund at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.
• The Rules and Regulation’s mission is to provide safety and security to THON weekend fundraising and sponsored events attendees while protecting the Bryce Jordan Center.
• Duties include sending THONvelopes to help raise money, write letters to THON kids, and help spread awareness about the organization.