JOB NEEDED !
||ALABAMA STATE UNIVERSITY
To whom it may concern:
I am responding to your job opening,. My skills and experience closely match the specifications outlined in your advertisement; it is commensurate with my education, expertise and career interest.
Thus far, I have amassed analytical, communication, and problem solving skills within and out of the facilities of Alabama State University. I am proficient in Microsoft Office as well as Windows XP. While pursuing a degree in Biology Pre- Health and Spanish, I have been regarded as an assertive leader and team player with excellent social, ethical and organizational skills. I have a commitment to providing excellent customer service and developing long term client relationships, and I have received increasing job responsibilities. From attending an institution of higher learning I have gained the knowledge needed to be able to compete in the global market and it gives me a glitch to be competitive with my peers and elders.
I look forward to speaking with you. On the assumption that you may be interested in a motivated young woman as myself, I am including my resume, which outlines my accomplishments and achievements in greater detail. I am very interested in learning more about your organization and discussing with you how I can contribute to your company’s success.
Thank you for your time.
Ms. Brenikia K. Walker
My objective is to utilize all skills and work that I am currently learning to help me go further in life and fulfill my goals.
• Alabama State University (2010- Expected Graduation 2014)
• Atlanta Technical College- Dull Enrollment, Certified Nursing Assistant Mayor’s Youth Program (Summer 2009)
• South Atlanta High School of Health and Medical Sciences (2007- 2010)
- High school senior with an 80.0 GPA completing a college preparatory seal
• Booker T. Washington High School (2006-2007)
• Miss Health and Medical Sciences(2007-2008)
• Student Government Association 11th Grade President(2008-2009)
• CPR Certification- American Heart Association (2009)
• Student Government Association 12th Grade President(2009-2010)
• Member of South Atlanta High School’s Student Government Association(2007-2010)
• Member of South Atlanta High School’s Marching Band(2007-2010)
- Member of the Teal Diamond Color Guard Flag Corp.
• Member of the Hornet Tribune (2011-2012)
• American Red Cross Blood Drive(2008-2009)
- Helped organize the blood drive by donating blood and creating a schedule for my school.
• A-Town Day(2008-2009)
- Participated in a community wide concert to give back to people of Atlanta by donating books and volunteered in the reception area.
• Breast Cancer Walk /Autism Walk(2008-2009)
- Participated in these events because of my interest in health and desire to raise awareness.
• Grady Memorial Hospital(2008- 2009)
- I was a Teen Leader and I advocated for abstinence within the teen community.
• Sadie Mays Retirement Home
- Trained to be a nursing assistant by working in a nursing home caring for the elderly.
• Emory Medical School Pipeline Program (2008-2010)
- Allowed me to gain experience and knowledge about the healthcare field.
• Georgia Tech CIESMIC Program (2009-2010)
- I worked one on one with a mentor to make sure I kept my academics within good standing of my school.
• Dollar Tree Incorporated (2010-2011)
- Worked as a cashier whenever I was home in Atlanta, Georgia on break from college in
• Think In Pink (2011)
- The Beta Pi Chapter of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated hosted campus wide activities in support of Breast Cancer.
• Teacher’s Aid at T. S. Morris Elementary School
- Worked as a teacher’s aid for a first grade class. I helped students by working one on one with them to ensure that they understood their lessons.
• Campus Clean Up (2012)
- Walked around the campus of the Alabama State University and picked up debris and other scraps that were around the campus.
• March from Selma to Montgomery (2012)
- In support of Black History Month, hundreds of people marched from Selma to the ASU campus and from there to the State Capital, downtown in order to protest and rally for our ancestors.
• D’ Natura Cosmetics (2012)
- Worked as a make up artist and consultant.