Experienced Editor/Free-lance Writer
||University of New Mexico
||Political Science & Spanish
I am a recent graduate with a dual degree in Political Science and Spanish. Having spent my Junior year abroad in Granada, Spain; I recently returned to Spain to get involved with the international community of public policy. I would like to later apply my experience to working for an international company or in the government in the future.
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico — Political Science and Spanish, Graduate Spring 2012
- Focus: International Relations.
- Major GPA: 3.4
TEFL Intensive Training Course 150+ hours. - Universidad Complutense de Madrid, December 2010.
- English Teaching Certificate.
Centro de Lenguas Modernas, Universidad de Granada, Granada, Spain — Estudios de la Cultura Española, 2010
- Recieved certificate of mastery of the Spanish language
-Language and culture studies. Tought in Spanish. Political Science courses UN and EU commission policies and functions.
High School- Sandia Preparatory School (2003-2007)
- English Professor, Living Languages, Madrid, Spain August 2011- present
Currently working with Telefónica and CEU Universidad San Pablo teaching mostly group classes as well as one-on-one classes. Full time. No contract.
- Volunteer Professor, “Pueblo Ingles” Spain. July- August 2011
One on one classes in a remote location of Spain for two week long periods speaking with Spaniards to help their communication skills in an open environment with Native English professors.
- English Professor, “Linguacenter- Business Language School” Madrid, Spain — March - July 2011
Teach English to adults who work as government employees or for a private companies. Currently working with the Ministry of Economy and Revenue and Aegon Insurance.
- Assistant Regional Coordinator, Democratic Party of New Mexico (DPNM) May-December 2010
I was able to reach agreements among suburban farmers and some of the larger towns and urban areas regarding water rights. Pioneered an outreach program for teens and single mothers to find information on healthcare and other resources for women. Took part in meetings with Organizing for America, the state level program for Obama’s national platform.
- Staff Writer,”The Record Rebellion”, based in Los Angeles, CA — April 2010- August 2010
Staff writer and critic for a music and film website called The Record Rebellion.
- National Student Leadership Conference (NSLC), Washington D.C. - August 2006
Leadership program of 2006. The International Relations and Security Council Experience in D.C.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- LANGUAGES: English Native. Spanish- Conversational. Italian- basic.
- Mac, Excel, PC, OpenOffice literate.
- Tidy and organized.
- Quick learner and eager to work.